Sunday, January 20, 2019

Playing with Marbles

Just wanted to share this wonderful book on how to marble. Funny story , one night walking home in Paris I found a box full of paint effect books and even brushes lying on the pavement ! Another night I found a huge pile of art books, the really heavy kind and only managed to take a few. 
This book on marble is detailed and has very varied types within with instructions. I did look at it before doing my fireplace which it's decided I will redo ! 



I bought this little Roman bust in a lot of about 8 assorted ones on Aliexpress for little money and although some are a bit cartoony there are exceptions like this one. I saw the other day this image of a marble bust and began to prepare the plaster bust for painting it up then I remembered the fireplace that dissapointed me and thought better of it and decided just to dull the white and leave it. I might just age it a bit. 
Many years ago in the beautiful home of my best friend I saw sitting in his fireplace the most enormous white marble bust of a Roman nobleman and on asking him where he found it he told me that when he dug out the foundations of his garage he found it buried! He didn't declare it, just thought it looked nice and kept it. He then said I could have it if I wanted but honestly it weighed several times my weight then, which in short is about how much I weigh today !!!
I might put this in the hallway sitting on the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment