Saturday, January 12, 2019

I wood if I could

After a dissapointing package containing what was described as real oak trim ( the kind you iron on ) that turned out to be fake and just printed oak with no texture I ordered some wood veneer for a cost of about 18 euros. Here is a photo, I am pleased with it so far, there is a light and dark side to each panel but as the hall floor ( for now ) will be dark stained it still works. I see miniaturists like Giac ( englishmanordollhouse.blogspot.com ) making the most incredible floors that take ages but are worth it ! My floors will be simple but that too can change ! Just thought that I would share. 




4 comments:

  1. Giac's floors are incredible! Even the ones he remakes because they were not extravagant enough for the manor! I know you'll make some incredible flooring with this beautiful wood and use the difference in shades to your advantage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His 'home' takes up his life as I feel mine will too ! If he sold his it would cost millions there is so much work in it! My Ramsay House is just for me, to satisfy an ache and follow me wherever I go. Have a nice day Jodi.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jodi.
    The details in Giac's floors are beyond the Beyond, and in my opinion, you couldn't have chosen a better builder to inspire you since Giac's work is always top drawer.
    Even so, from what I've already seen from you, I know that you can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right it's good to keep the bar high in life. Not sure I could spend a month on one floor but then again his rooms are so big and he probably began small like me one day. He is such a nice person too, obsessed like us!!

      Delete