Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Chinese Emporium

Well it's too late to deny that I am mad and more than a bit obsessional ! Not have yet built the actual 'Chinese Bedroom' and frustration mounting I took to looking out for furnishings and ornaments to decorate it. I decided that I needed a table so of course I bought two from 'MiniatureCrush ' on Etsy, a lovely understanding seller who always gives good group prices with packaging from the US ( not always the case ! ) The big table is JBM ( which will mean something to someone! ) as is the small one. The Ginger jars are actually hand painted and even prettier in real life ! The two tiny chinese porcelain stools are slightly small for the scale as real ones are about 40 cms high. They are still gorgeous and well hand painted also. The tiny tiny gold metal jewel case is amazing !

 A better picture of the ceramic stools. I might put them on each side of the fireplace.
 A closer look at the jars, really pretty but not sure where they will go yet.
 This has to be seen to be believed. I never cease to be amazed at how much detail can be made small. 
 When I saw these I thought that they would make great fire dogs but they are a big big for that. I still love them. They came from tibet-temple888 on eBay and are from China and cost about 12 euros for the pair in bronze! 
 Here you can better see the scale. 
 This hand carved box wood plaque came from the same seller and was about 8 euros, so little for so much work.
 It will make a lovely antique but it's slightly thick so I might try to trim it down.
 These pagodas I might paint up and put on the mantlepiece, same seller also bronze , 16 euros the pair. The tiny seated gazelle was 8 euros. 
 As you will have seen on a post about my home I collect blue porcelaine Fo dogs so I might paint these the same colour and put them on the table with a bowl of orchids between them.
 This Lion ( sorry out of focus ) is lovely, it was my brothers star sign. I might make a stand and paint it and put it in the drawing room. It was 8 euros.
 These little godesses are lovely and might end up painted white as many of these statues are in white porcelain, I actually have some somewhere from my father in laws home, he was a Baron, sounds grand but he wasn't in reality and never used the title.
 I love this eagle, so detailed, about 8 euros again, everything was about the same price finally. When I was in school my English teacher was mad about falcons and hawks and slept with them perched on his big brass bed at night ! Yes the mess ! but he regularly had food in his beard and was always losing something but he was a wonderful teacher. I once cut up a leather glove to make a hood for one of the birds. 
 This has to be the prettiest piece, again 8 euros. I will make a shrine to place her within. 
I will stop now buying for this room before it begins to look like a chinese emporium ! It is still good to have things to choose from and I can play around decorating. I Don't mind such a purchase because they are all quality crafts and in real bronze, not resin or plaster. 

4 comments:

  1. What fun to be able to choose your future accessories from such a Marvellous assortment of Asian art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right but is has to stop ! I must focus on another room at least in my head when finishing the stairs. I had an idea the other night to make the two, two part flights of stairs within a 'box' and just open the doorways on each side. That way I will add the two floors on each side. This allows me to stabalise the stairs and do all the panelling and paint finishes and floors. I am at the moment finishing the second fireplace, painting up tomorrow then make the mirror that covers the fireplace wall. Good night Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs. M,
    I am in complete awe of your collection. They are beautiful pieces and I cannot wait to see the room come together. I particularly like the goddesses. What gorgeous detail.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Giac, yes they are incredibly detailed, nice to have 'real' pieces in bronze, it makes the room better. I know that you have a lovely collection also of porcelaine and beautiful chandeliers ! You are of course famous for your floors ! hugs and xx

    ReplyDelete