Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Books books books

I have always needed to do something with my hands, make stuff, draw stuff, garden, sew etc. At xmas in Scotland I took some book cover print outs purchased on Etsy download and some fairly lightweight Kraft cardboard and made these book covers. They of course still need their pages and then varnshed, rubbed down, waxed up etc. As I wanted Ramsay House full of books I had to start somewhere. I have made books in the past but not like these. Some are quite bulky as some books are and others are tiny. I also purchased ready made books on Etsy in the beginning but will not honor them with a description, suffice to say ' rubbish'. There are about 300 here but I will need several times that if I include magasines and atlas's etc. I am going to photograph my favorite books in my Library and print them out to scale and make them up. This was great fun to do and I can recommend it to anyone on a rainy day.




6 comments:

  1. You've got quite a project ahead of you, but it looks as if you're off to a grand start! I am not sure if you know her work or have seen her blog, but this may be of help and interest to you:

    http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/watson-mill-books

    Good luck and godspeed! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jodi, yes I know her blog and this circular bookcase ! but this page I didn't know. I think that I am going to have to cheat on some books and make them fake. I had planned on cutting pages for each book but I will be 90 before I finish ! Thank you

      Delete
  2. A dollhouse without books; remains a dollhouse
    with books
    it becomes a home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two boyfreinds ago ( years ago then! ) I had been in his home for a month before it suddenly dawned on me that he had no books ! I had not felt at home and then knew why. So today two boyfriends later my house is groaning under books but I wouldn't swap them for a man !! hihihi !! I will also make piles of 'World of Interiors' and 'House and Garden' to lay around. Thank you Elizabeth, I am still searching for the chairs to show you, last night I extended my cardboard model to finish the stairs and the scale just hit me like a ton of bricks ! WHAT have I done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes if it gets any bigger I will have to look for a plot of land and move in ,,,,,,,, if only ! That said when I think of it I see myself walking around, it helps in planning and thinkng of ceiling heights like in the stairs. Lazy day today after a bad migraine yesterday. I did some floor tiles as a test. Tomorrow hope to finish the stairs so I can move on to Something else like doors. I am thinking of making double sliding doors into the drawing room, so systems are going around in my head !! good night , its 3h26 here ,, another short night.

    ReplyDelete