Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The World of my Interior

Here are a few pictures of my home, I saw that quite a few bloggers do this and I do love my collections so I thought that I would share. I hope that you can't see the dust in the photos, believe me it is there ! 

 Every time I find a birds nest I put it on my hall table and put inside an egg shaped stone. This colourful birdie is a xmas tree decoration from Conran Shop. The lion that you can just about see is one of my favorite things, bought for 3 euros near Aix en Provence.
 A snap of the top of the desk in my bedroom. I have a few vintage tourist treasures representing various monuments in France. They generally cost a few euros. The little painting of trees in the background I purchased on eBay believing it to be quite big but when it arrived although surprised I was not dissapointed.
 Owning dogs means that I generally find dog related items when scouring junk shops. The glass poodle bottles came from a local junk shop and were really very dirty but cleaned up well, they have bakelite stoppers so much be quite old. The top dog is a desk clock, I have dragged it all over the world but it doesn't work. The little red dog is very old and holds salt! The other poor toys are behind glass but they don't seem to mind.
 More dogs but this time Chinese Fo Dogs. One of my greatest friends Britt, a textile designer, loves turquoise so this is a hommage to her. It began as usual with one from the Emmaus for 1 euro then I bid on two on eBay and got them for two euros the pair and then it just continued. The pair of beautiful miniature Indian paintings behind came from a local car boot sale for 5 euros and the frame with the double insert I found in the street, they fit perfectly. The pair of rather fine Chinese Cloisonné vases came from an antique shop in Paris, a birthday gift to myself two years ago.
I bought this large marble statue of Winged Victory in our local Junk shop for my birthday this year, she has a broken wing which sits by her feet. I hang old rosaries on her and surround her with anything white -ish, shells corals and other statues. The table came from Emmaus for 10 euros and the table top which fit perfectly is a carved store panel in fossil stone from the front of a 19 th century shop. The shop which no longer exists was in Laval and the stone says it sold, paint and gilding materiels and assorted artists wares. I have another one in the garden where it looks frightingly like a gravestone! The curtains that you can just about see came from the Ritz Hotel in Paris when it was remodelled recently. I bought two and were so heavy I have to take a taxi, they filled the boot! They have at least three layers and if I had to make them would cost the price of  small car!

No comments:

Post a Comment