Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Stair me out !

Deciding to begin my 'house' meant making all the elements that are fixed first. Stairs, doors, windows and fireplaces. Here I began with the stairs with no idea what I was doing. I left in all the mess as when I am in the middle of an idea I am hopeless at being tidy.


 Here I bagan with a foam board model to work out the height and number of treads, then began the base part.

 Here the base is set within a foam board replica of the finished space, something to work within and move around. The right side of the stair serves also as the base board or skirting board.
 Here I have cut out and begun to install the sides of the second stage using scraps of wood as tread supports.
 Here the treads are installed along with the upright posts that will hold the bannisters.
 Here I have set it within the 'space' and added a temporary door for scale.
 Trying out some different woods for filials. Not my best efforts, I have since bought a mini lathe.

 Here I added some wainscotting and a built in bookcase.
Installing the bannisters as I wait to work out the spindles which are in a gothic style.

No comments:

Post a Comment