Sunday, June 16, 2019

My June bits and pieces

I thought I would pause doors and show you some recent bits and pieces for my collection.

Below are two photo frames for potential mirrors, a piece of ornate bronze, a tiny glass perfume bottle, a 'Venus de Milo' that can be taken off it's base one day. The pots in front are plastic toys with potential for Something. Please ignore the bookcase at the back, I put it in for scale. It was one of my first 'transformations' of shop bought furniture.


This tiny bottle held some perfume when I found it in a box of Junk. Scaled up x 12 it's a bit tall but maybe a wine carafe or lamp base.

I found this on Etsy in Greece. It arrived cracked on the side but repairable, will make a nice mirror.


This is the decorative top handle of some victorian fire tongs. It's bronze and will make a good roof filial if used to make a mold to cast in polyester resin or plaster one day.


A charity shop find, needs a portrait to fill it. At one point I will begin to paint miniature paintings for Ramsay House. My cousin in London who is an artist has agreed to make me some miniature paintings for me soon.


Here are two very recent Etsy purchases from the amazing Neil Carter Miniatures. I have been drooling over them for some time and the other day just went for it. Neil makes miniature bronzes like these. The bust is a copy of a famous French one sold for hundreds of thousands of euros. The horse is a 'Chinese Flying Horse' and has the finest miniature detail I have ever seen. 
Check out Neils Etsy shop, he has amazing things and very reasonable for the material and work involved.
The table is another one of my first attempts at converting shop items. It's not the worst thing I did but tastes change.


A close up of the bust, wonderful ! Dates from the 1920/30's.


The most amazing little bronze ever! It will go in the Chinese bedroom.


Another bronze but from Ginger Rose on Etsy. I love greyhounds in bronze and have quite a collection in real life. This one is super cute and will go on the mantlepiece in Ramsay House' drawing room.


So lovely ! Great find.


I couldn't resist photographing her in front of the shell mirror. 


This time Lady asked me to appear as a guest on my blog. She was a bit put out the other day when I included Dora but she was busy chasing butterflies in the garden.



6 comments:

  1. That's a nice diverse collection of neat stuff. The flying horse and the greyhound sculpture are my favorite, but all of it is really nice. I bet it makes the fingers itch to turn it into something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it's tempting ! I DID start to make a mirror from another piece I didn't photograph ! Tonight I started a piece of furniture I will post about in a couple of days ,,, huggss

      Delete
  2. Unas piezas maravillosas!!! Y Lady es muy,muy guapa!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pilar, amo a mis perros como son mis hijos! Son tan cariñosos besosososos

      Delete
  3. The bronzes are Out of this world GOOD!!! AND....
    I love all of your other "junk" too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss E, yes I am Lucky to be able to get them! HOURS of searching when I should be dollhouse building ! I worked so much all my life and now I no longer have a boss so I tend to do what I want when I want. I Wonder what it will be like when I ACTUALLY retire !!hihihihi !! huggsss

      Delete