Saturday, December 1, 2018

My old black drawers

Just posting this makeover from last year. I bought this small drawer unit at the Emmaus for 2 euros and decided to try a makeover in the sun.

 I found two pots of blackboard paint lying on the street in Paris and I must say that the quality is fantastic and I have used them a lot. Here I masked off the wood areas and gave two coats although this paint covered in one!
 Here I rubbed down the edges of each piece and waxed them up to give an 'ebony' sheen.
 In this photo you can see how I added some name plates bought wholesale on AliExpress for a few euros.
 Here is where I put them on top of the desk in my bedroom on which I display a lot of miscellaneous objects from different sources. The glass pyramids and just upturned candle holders and the skull bronze I bought in one of the flea markets in Sao Paulo when I lived there. The photo is of a dear friend and the plaster head of Jesus you can just about see was 5 euros in the Paris flea market.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job of refinishing the file drawers and it makes a nice addition to your display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was more out of boredom, as if I Don't have Something to 'do' or make or restore I go mad !! this was done before I got into the mini Madness !!

    ReplyDelete