Saturday, March 2, 2019

Going Green

I was looking around the internet for metal ivy leaves for a lighting project and I came across some interesting adresses I thought that I would share. I also wanted to put a couple of palm tree plants in Ramsay House and was dreading having to cut them out! You maybe know these sites but here they are anyway. I think it's always good to know suppliers, you never know when you might need some odd thing. They are mostly 'diorama' suppliers in small scale but for making trellis or house plants they could be useful. 


https://rosemille.com/collections/dresden-die-cuts




This site above sells die cut paper décorations from 'Dresden ' that could make great moldings and trims in a house. If painted white they could be cornice trims or in imitation wood they could trim a frame or mirror. Rose Mille looks like a great site and they sell a LOT of other things apart from the Dresden line.


http://www.mylampparts.com/Departments/BANDING/BRASS-BANDING.aspx




The above company sells everything you need to make or restore lighting but their brass or steel stamping strips are lovely and could be used in many other ways. The prices quoted are by the foot so if you order three, you will get three feet of trim. 


https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234929255-leaves-branches-%E2%80%93-diorama-accessories-135-eduard/



The above site sells diorama items again and these in the photos are super cute! The flowers look interesting, maybe check the sizes.


https://www.bnamodelworld.com/scenics-diorama-model-scenery-various-plants?zenid=8c0e28c218ea7f9d0ab668c235fdbd37




Another diorama company selling intersting plants in kit form. I know that there are many people selling wonderful flower kits on Etsy but sometimes you just need Something different.

I add to finish that I have to 'interest' in promoting these companies, just wanted to share with you.


2 comments:

  1. Great resources - thank you! I am excited to see what your creative mind comes up with for using them - lamp shades and otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding new suppliers. When I was in college I would walk al lover London ( no money for bus ) and find amazign stores in out of the way places, then make lists and post them on the common board for others . They would say why share good suppliers ? I had just landed in London from my tiny village in Scotland so the politics of city life escaped me ! I want to make an oak leaf chandelier like one I saw in an antique shop in paris for the drawing room. I just bought an old oak desk today to build the house on top of as its about the size and ultra stable! 15 euros !

      Delete