Friday, February 22, 2019

Keeping time

You will remember the 'Small Time' company I blogged about ,,,,, well ,,, I ordered a clock for the drawing room mantlepiece of Ramsay House and today I received it. Keith Bougourd the talented owner and maker of this site asked me to send him the photo of a clock I owned to copy if I wished. The clock below was a xmas gift from my mum some years ago and sits on the desk in my bedroom next to a tiny brass clock made by my brother who was an orfevre and also a clock repairer. 



https://www.small-time.com/


Above is the adresse of Keith's practice and below the photo I posted presenting his wares.

Here is my little clock and it works ! I placed it on the mantlepiece of Lars House for scale.

In more detail. At the present it is in British time but I will ask Keith how to change it.

 I also received the other day these tiny vases from 'Natty Collection' via Etsy. The photos on their site do not show the finess and detail, they are lovely and in scale for once!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NattyCollection

 A close up of the Ginger jar, the painting is lovely. 

 This real bone skull came from 'Oriental Empire', also via Etsy. It is a bead although you can hardly see the hole. Not sure how to scale it is but I wanted to put a skull into the Soane Library of Ramsay House. I do like dark gothic things.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OrientalEmpire



6 comments:

  1. Love the clock, which is a miniature work of Art and the new ginger jars too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I love it that it is the same as my big one as this future Ramsay House is MY house, the kind I cannot buy in real life !! I love it that it keeps time too. Huggs

      Delete
  2. El reloj es maravilloso y además funciona! increíble!!
    Preciosos jarrones y esa pequeña calavera Irá muy bien en la biblioteca!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pilar, sí, es asombroso y el hecho de que funcione también es asombroso.Besosos ,,

      Delete
  3. Hello Stephanie,
    The clock is just gorgeous. What amazing workmanship. The jars and skull are also quite well done.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love this reminder of my mum ( who is still with me ) and the xmas when we were all together ,,,, I hear you had a bday ??? is so Happy Day, with GIFTS and hugs ,,

      Delete