Monday, February 25, 2019

Blue skies and blue dogs

What beautiful weather, perfect for a walk in the country BUT I decided to make more room in my workroom for this Ramsay House project before I needed to and not have to move stuff around the build. That is my excuse and as excuses go it's not bad and quite true. This 'sort out' necessitates multiple trips up two flights to the attic with what I intend to keep and into a spare room for all the lovely couture fabric I am going to put on an EBay store soon. Over the years I have been given or have bought a LOT of fabrics from Vuitton, Lanvin, YSL and Balenciaga so you can imagine the quality. I also set aside some for future clothes despite having decided NOT to make clothes again but given the terrible quality of clothes out there and my mania for finish and detail it is time to get sewing in between getting miniaturing. 1200 trips more and I can get down to business !!!! 

I already posted a picture of some of these cute Turquoise 'Fo' dogs from China and the other day I found a huge one in the shape of a lamp with a bronze base. I had a sort of ok lampshade in the attic amongst the 40 or so other lampshades but the final lampshade will be pleated, still out on the fabric, maybe an old silk scarf. I put it on my english oak three legged table which cost me 20 euros at Emmaus and surrounded it with the other Fo's as I figured that he would feel sort of lost in this house alone. I am pleased as punch. 


4 comments:

  1. Such a unique lamp! I don't believe that you could have found a better way to showcase it in your home than have it surrounded by so many smaller fo's
    and all of the same colour too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, my best friend Britt ( American living in the South of France ) loves loves blue and especially turquoise and me, I love red and pink and coral and orange but NOT blue. For a while Britt and her kids lived with me in Nimes and we spent a lot of time going to flea markets, vide greniers etc and she would buy blue and me red ! It became a sort of joke, I would hang a red themed picture and she would hang a blue one. She is a textile designer and from time to time tells me that she has done a 'Stephanie' scarf, meaning RED !! I am slowly getting into blue like these dogs. I bought my first dog for 1 euro and the next two for less than 5 the two and so on. When things start getting pricy I stop buying but this lamp is so unique and sits so well amongst its children I couldn't resist. Huggs

      Delete
  2. Yo también amo el azul turquesa! ha sido una fantástica idea,montar una lámpara con esos bonito perros,desde luego es única y lucirá como una bella y especial pieza!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pilar, sí, estoy empezando a amar el color que me recuerda a mi amiga y también al mar.Besososos Stephanie

      Delete