Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Musical chairs

I must share this recent acquisition! I saw these two hall chairs on Pinterest and thought that they would go so well in the Soane room of Ramsay House. As my 'talents' don't stretch to this kind of work I contacted this lovely English couple whose company is called Masters Miniatures, found some time ago on Etsy and asked if they would make them. Yesterday I received the package and even before my sacred tea and toast I opened it to find these ! I asked that they not be 'finished' as I wanted to do it myself and paint in a tiny picture into the oval inserts. I am thrilled with the results and their detail will make all the difference when they are set before the bookcase. I will try to emulate the shaded mahogany and succeed in doing two small paintings ! This company has made me a few things in the past and they are all gorgeous and really well made and quite frankly very well priced considering. 



4 comments:

  1. I think they will look good when stained. I didn't even give him measurements, just that picture ! He had already made me some gothic chairs and a set of six ballon backed dining chairs, they are such nice people. I will try to post the other chairs to show you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I will look them out, this morning I came across the gothic ones when trying to organise ( joke! ) but the others are in my limbo section ! When I am in the middle of Something its like all else is background noise, if I could not eat that would be great also !! I try to go into my workroom only after lunch and phoning my mum and discussing food/the birds/TV /her health / old movies etc . Living in a house means I Don't have to worry about making noise but living the wrong way round is not great especially when the post lady rings the bell and I am still in dreamland and then I try to answer the door as if I have been up for ages !! raspy pre-morning tea voice, she must think I smoke !

    ReplyDelete