Monday, January 14, 2019

Bits and pieces

A quick little post. 
I ordered these brass stampings on Etsy recently. The egyptian one for the Soane room ( I've taken a mold from it as it was quite expensive ) , the small head to decorate a fireplace ( mold taken ) and the large head for the facade of the house over the door. The Chinese style frame is for the Chinese bedroom and the two gold frames to go each side of the fireplace in the drawing with with pictures in. Brass stampings are an easy way to pep up your house and give it scale.

 This is the front of a broken mini portable prayer (thing ! ) I found it at the bottom of a box in the charity shop and thought that I could make a small cupboard with this as the door. It is not silver but opens and is really detailed. It is about 7 cms high which would make it 84 cms in real life so maybe made a cupboard on a stand in dark oak and go gothic full hog.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the little prayer thing with the doors- what a novel and lucky find and if anyone can make it even MORE of a conversation piece by building around it- you can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The company in England that made my chairs has said they will turn some table legs for me so I might find some gothic ones to copy and go full out retable ! could be fun , BUT after the stairs ! Have just been conversing with the lovely Sue Cook about electrics, she has been helpful as its so not my thing !

      Delete
  2. Your charity shop find is truly remarkable. It really needs a little Russian icon to complete it.
    You are full of wonderful mini ideas. Have fun.
    regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis shop has to be seen once ! He empties old houses, chateaux , convents and schools so you can imagine ! Piles of old linens , shelves stuffed with china and glass, many old mirrors and wardrobes ! each time I spend at least two hours and never go away empty handed although I now buy useful. I can't say when was the last time I bought Something new ! I see you have written under your other blog ! have a nice day Jodi

    ReplyDelete